Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh where, oh where did my baby go?

My baby will be 8 tomorrow!  How could that have happened?  How I have loved mothering this child.  My last little one.  I have found myself savoring every baby moment, every toddler moment, every little boy moment.  When he walks by me I find myself reaching out for a kiss and a hug.  I still pull him up onto my lap to cuddle. I love his little boy smell...even though it isn't nearly as sweet as his little baby smell!  Time moves so quickly.  He starts cub scouts tomorrow.  A day that he has looked forward to as long as he can remember.  Tomorrow he gets to join the big boys and this mother will find herself feeling a little lost as he goes off to join the boys.  I will hold him a little longer tonight, hug him a little tighter, and take a moment to breathe in the last of his "babyness" before he turns 8 tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jill Dees said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been 8 years! Thanks for sharing your blog. I will add it to my list of blogs on my site.

Sheri said...

Even though we aren't acquainted, I was touched by reading your story. Especially your story about faith, and your very wonderful family. I would enjoy getting better acquainted with you. I live in Arizona, and have
5 grown children, and 9 grandchildren. We attend a small ward, with mostly retired people.
Let's keep in touch, and I will read your blog to see how things are going for you. Sherry Martin

Brenda said...

Thanks for your kind words!
And I agree with you 100% about those baby smells... I still get a kiss good night from my baby boy, but his cheek has whiskers and he is much taller than me...oh my!
I find myself looking back and craving the days when all my kids where young...their sweetness! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE these Grandma days and everything that goes with it...I just like all my chicks under my wing I guess!
I truly look up to you and think you are a very elect woman. Thanks for your wonderful example and friendship!

Rob and Jen said...

What a sweet post!!! I may be calling you a lot for advice in the next few months & years, as my baby continues reaching new milestones. I'm not ready for this! Will you go with me next year when I walk him up to Kindergarten? I may need to be carried back to the car!!! =(