Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Toothpaste, dried spit and other delightful things in the sink

There is always dried toothpaste and spit in my bathroom sinks.  We also use bar soap so there is squished melted soap chunks in the sinks joining the lovely toothpaste and spit.  This has been a source of irritant to me for many years but the other night it dawned on me that this is really a mother's blessing.  It is proof that somebody in this house is actually brushing their teeth and washing their hands after they use the bathroom.  I walked out of the bathroom feeling a little jubilant knowing how successful I was in teaching at least one of my children basic hygiene!  And considering the amount of spit and other delightful leavings in the sink I am sure that there is probably more than one of my kids brushing their teeth and washing their hands.  So I am so grateful for dried toothpaste, spit and soap in my sinks!  And considering the amount of pee that gets on the toilet I am pretty sure the boys have quit peeing the backyard and are using the toilet!  Happy day!

2 comments:

Jill Dees said...

I needed that chuckle this morning. What a great way to look at that.

Carrie Allen said...

Hi Kathy! I found your blog. This was too funny!