Monday, August 25, 2008

The Dust Has Settled!

The wedding is over and the honeymooners have returned. Life is heading back to normal. Danya married Sam in a whirlwind romance that began with a Family Home Evening Date and ended in the Mesa Arizona Temple. It's funny that during the busy planning stage of the wedding I didn't think to much about missing her. In fact, I kept thinking that it would be one less person's laundry basket that I would be doing. Laundry is a big deal at this house. Still. Even with 1/2 of my children gone. But it hit me this morning. She is not mine anymore. Well, she is but not the same. She is now Sam's wife. My little middle child has her own home now. I am so happy for her yet my heart aches a bit. I will miss her joyful spirit in our home. I will miss her tender dealings with her little brothers. I will miss the silliness that she and Emily engaged in. I will miss her sweet face and her scary hair in the mornings. I will miss her.

My home has changed in the last 7 years. I have 5 daughters and 6 sons. Their names and ages are: Adam 30, Amber 28, Katie 26, Bonnie 24, Spencer 22, Danya 20, Layne 16, Emily 14, Riley 11, Ammon 9, and our baby, Banner 6. As you can see, for so many years our home was female dominated! Things have changed! Now our home is male dominated and it just is different. Not better or worse. Just different. I guess I had better just suck it up and learn to enjoy scouting. And camping. And dirt. And all sort of things gross things that little boys love. I sure love my family. They have such dynamic personalities. And they all have an opinion about everything. My home is noisy! I wouldn't have it be any other way.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww, Mom! I am sorry that all us girls left you to fend for yourself. Maybe you could interest the boys in singing around the piano and folding laundry on Saturdays. Maybe. Love you!